Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tuesday August 26 (Wauseon Cars)

It was another muggy day today, very warm as well. I had a quiet day until my usual walk. I went in a different direction. I went past the house on the corner of the road and their small pony was not in his small stable but was grazing on a long tether at the back of the property. 

I walked on and a couple of guys were trimming the trees back from the power lines ready for winter! They were also using a shredder to shoot the stuff into their special trailer, never seen this before, lol!!

After a shower, we headed off to Wauseon for Cruise Night! People from all over the district bring their classic cars and park up in the street which is closed off for three blocks for 6 pm to 9 pm. This happens on a regular basis. 

I saw some great looking cars form almost every decade from the early nineteen hundreds. They were in various stages of repair although by far the majority looked in marvellous order.

After a good walk around we went to Sullivan's Restaurant and had a wonderful meal. We sat outside on the patio so we could watch the cars. Afterwards we looked at some of the new arrivals before going to do some shopping at Walmarts. It was a lovely evening and the weather co-operated even though the forecast said a 60% chance of rain and thunderstorms!

My home town of Napier has an event in February each year, Art Deco Week. As part of that, there are a large number of vintage cars on display, these come from all around New Zealand as well as overseas. However, I cannot recall seeing a classic American car there but I will keep my eyes peeled next year!!








No comments:

Post a Comment