Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunday August 10 (San Francisco to East Lansing)

Well, if I thought yesterday was bad, today beat it hands down! It started well enough, I caught the free hotel shuttle to the airport and then was lucky enough to be randomly selected to go through TSA security, no taking shoes off or laptop out of bag, yay!!

The flight left on time and arrived a few minutes early, all good still! Then the fun started!! I waited in vain for my luggage to appear and a United Rep asked me what I was waiting for. I told him and he asked for my luggage claim ticket. Well, I had received three different boarding passes for the flight to Chicago and could not find the one with the claim ticket. However, all the info was on the system and he calmly told me, it is on the next flight! They had put an extra flight on at 7am and presumably most of yesterday's passengers were on that one! So, I gave him all my details including the address where I am staying, for some reason I had a feeling about my luggage and had obtained the address I was going to.

Then off in a rush to catch the Blue Line train to the stop nearest Union Station for the 4 pm Blue Water that stops at East Lansing. Well, they are doing work on the tracks so we had to get off at one station, catch the bus to the next available station and catch another train. I was starting to wonder if I would ever get to my destination!!

Finally. I arrived at Union Station and with an hour to spare, phew. The train was very full, East Lansing is the home of Michigan State after all and term is not far away! We arrived a few minutes early so I wandered out to the station entrance as it has such a small car park and my hosts arrived within minutes.

I was very tired but at least had no luggage to unpack, lol. However, wearing the same clothes for all that time is not very pleasant!! At least Barbara had a dressing gown i could borrow so I could wash my clothes, they jumped in the machine by themselves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment