Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wednesday March 5 - quiet day in Cleveland

My body told me it needed a break today after yesterday's efforts!! It took most of the day for my mind to persuade it a walk was in order. It was quite a pleasant day, from my bedroom window! 

The temperature over the road said 22 degrees F, -6 degrees C and yesterday was not too bad.

When I finally ventured out in the late afternoon I really discovered what the wind chill is all about!! It was really cold, unless I was lucky enough to walk by a tall building on the windward side of me!!!

I decided to walk down to the end of East 9th Street as I knew the Science Centre and other attractions are in that direction. The road crosses over the railway tracks so I saw where the station is for Sunday morning. A taxi will not cost very much at all, thank goodness! 

It then crossed a highway just prior to seeing the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Behind it is the Science Centre and the stadium where the Cleveland Browns play.

Across the road and following the lake shore is the International Women's Aviation Centre which I also hope to visit. In spite of the wind, I walked right to the lake's edge and took some photos along the way as well as at the end. There is plenty of ice still on the water!!

By the time I headed back I was cold so I made my way to the Starbucks in the Key Bank Tower and had my daily coffee. After I had thawed out with the coffee I made my way back to the hotel along a street which apparently houses a Federal Reserve, certainly the raised sidewalks with notices "Sidewalk Closed" were a good indication of something different!!!

My room was nice and warm when I arrived back so it did not take long to feel the same way!! At least I now understand that wind chill brings the temperature down several degrees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment