Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday January 18 - family time

I did not blog yesterday as I was travelling back to Cupertino from Sacramento. Once again it was a gorgeous day weather wise and a pleasant journey back on the train. I had to change at San Jose form Amtrak to Caltrain and caught the "Baby Bullet" to Mountain View, the nearest station to where the family lives. With so many laptops and tablets here, the boys and I were often engrossed!! I wish to thank those people who met me in Sacramento and made my visit so very memorable!

Today was a fairly quiet day with a lazy start. After lunch Wendy, Nigel and Eliza went apartment hunting for Nigel as he is staying in San Fran for another six months. Billy, Luke and I went for a walk to a local park where there is a bit of a Nature area. The boys were quite happy handling the snakes (non poisonous!!) under supervision while I sat and read a book. There were also a turtle, spiders and a Bearded Dragon. We stayed for a couple of hours and the boys certainly had some fun!!

We arrived home before the others and out came the tablets once more! Nigel cooked a delicious dinner of steak, home made chips with their skins on and peas!! Did a final wash before heading to bed to catch some shut eye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment