Monday, April 15, 2013

Tuesday 16 April (New Zealand)

Well, not quite the start to my trip that I anticipated with events on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. It began on my Monday evening but just before breakfast on Monday morning at FFRC with the passing of Bondi. When I woke up on my Tuesday morning the events out of Boston were unfolding and then came the news of Big Orange and Heaven. Such a bittersweet day for Jacci, all the volunteers, webcammers and supporters of FFRC. But hey, I am still excited about where I am going, who I am going to meet along the way and where my final destination is.
Of course, I do expect security to be heightened and, as long as there are no strip searches, I am sure I will cope!

But that was just the start of the drama for me! I was linked in via my IPad to the AGM of the group that looks after the Video Conference links for schools, when the phone went. It was the local airport advising me that the plane for my flight to Auckland was undergoing difficulties and the flight may be cancelled so did I want to travel up on the earlier flight. I thought this would be a good idea so had to ring my friend to get the phone number of her sister who was driving me to the airport. She arrived before I was fully dressed and while I was still in the AGM. I had to give my instructions for voting to the meeting and leave. Finally, we were on the way to the airport when I remembered I had left my cell phone at home! Oh my, no keys, so Cath had to go to the school to collect other keys from her sister, Andrea, who looks after Honey for me then go and get my cell phone. She dropped me off at the airport and headed back.

Meanwhile I checked in and phew my bag was OK weight wise. Then I heard that the flight was delayed! At least it meant I got my cell phone in plenty of time. I am so blessed to have such good friends. Finally, aboard and taking off forty minutes late!! The delay was due to bad weather in other parts of New Zealand as well as congestion at Auckland airport. Oh Garsh as Jacci would say!! My blog is well under way and I have not even reached Auckland yet. At least I can write my blog on my IPad while on the plane so I will be able to keep on top of things, at least I hope so! I just hope the rest of my trip is less eventful. But no worries, I will just go with the flow, I cannot do anything about the things that are out of my control!

No comments:

Post a Comment