Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday March 12 - Blizzard in Batavia!!

Well, it was all white when I looked out of the window this morning! The snow was falling steadily but it was very fine snow.

After breakfast I decided that I would like to go for a walk. So on went the layers, top and bottom and by the time I was finished I felt and looked like the Michelin Man!!! 

I walked along the road a wee way to the intersection taking a few photos. I then saw a woman shovelling her drive so I stopped to talk to her. It turns out she has visited New Zealand once and she really loved it. 

We chatted away until the guy who lived opposite came out with a powerful snow blower. The snow was all blowing onto his neighbour's lawn and when he turned round he changed the direction of the blower so it still went on his neighbour's lawn!! Hmmm...

I walked back towards the house and stopped to watch a drive being cleared by a snow plough while another person was out with a snow blower. 

I continued on to the bottom of road and took a few more photos and it was interesting to compare them to those I took the other day. 

I then returned home and my footsteps were almost covered!! It was good to remove the layers and get inside again. I have been able to catch up with my washing over the last few days and more was done today. We then put up a fresh bird feeders (seeds and lard) outside, hanging off hooks that are hung from the roof guttering.  

I then had to put all my gear on again so that photos could be taken!! I made some more footprints as my previous ones had once again been covered but it did not take that long for them to be covered again!

We had a tasty "fridge" soup for a very late lunch, this means using what is left in the fridge and putting as many vegetables in as possible!!! 

The snow was definitely heavier in the later afternoon and the flakes larger, also the wind did increase in the early evening. The guy who plough's Irene's drive turned up to clear it in the afternoon but by a couple of hours later it was hard to imagine it had been done!!

Later, I ate the fish that I had brought home in my doggy box from last night, it was still very tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment