Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday January 15 - walking in Old Sacramento

Another glorious day today, I have truly been blessed but of course this is the warm before the cold!! Somehow I have this the wrong way round!

I went back to Old Sac today and wandered along beside the river. I then crossed the river, via Tower Bridge and walked along the River Walk, a very pretty walk. I noticed up in the trees something that had been pointed out to me yesterday, Mistletoe!! What a strange plant to grow on other trees.

I then wandered back to Old Sac itself, grabbed a coffee, bought a few souvenirs and returned to the Olive Mix to purchase some Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. I chose the Black cherry and Strawberry vinegars to go with the Garlic and Virgin oils. They actually have aeroplane friendly bottle sizes.

I then wandered along to the Railway Museum and had a browse but did not go in as I was ready for lunch and wanted to catch some rays! So it was back to the hotel to make my sandwich for lunch and I enjoyed it while catching those rays beside the hotel pool. It was almost warm enough to make me want to venture in, but I didn't! I then did some more planning for later on in my trip.Another excellent day and the Zoo tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment