Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday August 3

Before I report on today there are a couple of things I forgot to say from Wednesday. Staffa Island was purchased by an American for his wife's birthday. When he saw it she did not want a bar of it so she sold it to the people of Scotland for one pound!!

When it rained my good camera got wet and it seems to have killed the motor so I am a frustrated photographer at present!!

Anyway, back to today's exploits. I said goodbye to my friends and made my way across the centre of Scotland to the Loch Lomond area. This is yet another place I have never been to before, one of many on this trip. The weather was not the best, very cloudy but at least no rain to start with. In a short time I was driving up the eastern side of Loch Lomond. This is the quieter side and there area  lot of walking tracks to be found. 

The weather was still very gloomy as I drove as far as the road went. I parked up and decided to go for a wander along the banks of Loch Lomond. It was very quiet and peaceful, all I could hear was the lapping of the waves on the shore.


I came across a peculiar object and can only assume it is related to a Solstice celebration of some kind. This side of the Loch lies right under Ben Lomond but it was not in sight at this time.

The walk provided me with some quality thinking time as I only met a few walkers along the way. I came across a beach with some large stones and it made me think of Jacci's stone garden, trouble is none of the stones would have weighed less than my baggage allowance, so that idea went up in flames!!

There were a couple of heavy showers and then quite a bit of sunshine before  the cloud cover came across again. I made my way back to the car and then drove to Dumbarton where my final three nights are to be spent. This is only 6 miles from Loch Lomond and also close enough to Glasgow airport for when I leave on Tuesday. The hotel is hosting a very large wedding party so I guess I won't get much sleep tonight, it being 11.30 pm and still very noisy!! just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment