Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Wednesday October 23 - Thursday October 24 (Port Orchard)

Wednesday
Today was my birthday and it ws a very pleasant day. The weather was cool morning nd evening but warmed up during the day with a mix of cloud and sunshine. 

We took all three dogs for a walk, I was lucky, I just had Maggie, poor Cheryl had Serenity and Gracie to contend with!

 We went out for dinner, heading for the airport diner and met Jamie and Alan. It was pretty full so we decided to head elsewhere. 

We ended up at Golden Grill on the Bay. It overlooked the water and the food was delicious as well as plentiful. 

The fortune cookie held an interesting statement, lol

I was very lucky, Jamie and Alan gave me a Starbucks Card, to go with the one Cheryl gave me earlier, they also paid for my dinner, so lovely of them. Cheryl gave me a jar of unsweetened Lingonberry Jam and a Sudoku book, I am so very spoiled!

We sat and chatted for a while and had photos taken before heading home via Starbucks where I bought a coffee. A truly lovely birthday one to remember!

Thursday
Today was a day I will not forget in a hurry! The weather was sunny although cool and Cheryl took me out to brunch at the Pancake House via a couple of stops. I enjoyed the Swedes, crepe with lingonberry butter and compote, they were absolutely delicious! We popped into Walmarts on the way home.

We collected Maggie to take her for a walk at the Port Orchard Marina. We saw a huge seal but it did not resurface. We then started our walked alongside the sound. 

The scenery was spectacular, the fall colours were spectacular and my fall was also spectacular. 

I was walking along with Maggie and four people were walking towards us spread across the path. 

They did not move to make space for us so Maggie and I got tangled up with them and I completed my first ever nose dive onto the path! My nose was squashed and I thought I had broken it but it does not appear to be so.



A lady who was there rang for help while Cheryl went to her car to get something to stop the bleeding so Maggie went after her. A young lady from the Oasis Coffee shop was also helpful. 

Lots of people walked past and offered their concern. Not too long after I fell two firemen from the South Kitsap station turned up in their fire engine. They were really nice guys and checked me out. It seemed my neck and back were fine and they did not really feel it was necessary to take me to the ER by ambulance. 

Finally, one of them helped me up and walked with me to a bench. I felt OK and once they had taken my particulars and I signed off, they returned to base.

I was determined to carry on walking so we wandered along, myself with great care, to take some photos and enjoy the afternoon. A number of people checked that I was OK and we chatted to a young couple with a gorgeous golden retriever. A lady who happened to be a nurse offered me some advice on cleaning myself up!

We took our photos then walked back to the car, a couple of young guys asked me if I was OK and if I needed help, I was lagging behind Cheryl a wee bit, lol! We returned home via Walmarts, where Cheryl bought me various gauze pads, Vaseline and some non stinging antiseptic. We stopped at a Starbucks for a coffee for myself on the way home.

I used the antiseptic to clean up some minor grazes on knees, fingers etc then started in my face. Somewhat later I washed my face in warm water. Cheryl heated up my leftovers from last night’s tea as I was feeling a bit peckish! I then used some vaseline and covered my forehead and nose up so I could go to bed and protect my face, lol!

I figured I might be a bit sore tomorrow and may end up with two black eyes, I hope not! I will probably visit my doctor next week once I return home. I fly out of SeaTac via Vancouver on Saturday.

Fortunately for me I have been wearing my splint on my left wrist when I go out just in case, thank goodness! It has some scratches on it as I hit the deck with my arms in front of my body!

I just have to say that it was so heartwarming to see the number of people who showed their concern and/or offered to help. I sure restores ones faith in humanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment